200h Yoga TeacherTraining
" From the Roots to the Stars"
"From the Roots to the Stars"
Isabella Pitaki's 200 - hours Yoga Teacher Training "From the Roots to the Stars"
"From the Roots to the Stars" 200h Yoga Teacher Training provides to the practitioner, teacher or student, an opportunity to deepen the knowledge on this ancient wisdom, with a scientific approach, combined to the potential of the traditional knowledge.
Also, an open door for those who feel the call to dive into Yoga and build a solid path by having a professional certification as a Yoga Teacher, with a contemporary analysis of this wisdom integrated to the modern society needs.
Yoga is dated as an ancient tradition, but is probably older than we think. Bringing this information to our everyday life, empowers the best side of each individual, adding value to the collective where each new mindful soul is part of. Learning Yoga is discovering a new way of living.
The program prepares the participants to teach in an effective and didactic way, principles and techniques that are more advanced, detailed or even more subtle. The practical skills will be trained in Vinyasa Yoga practices, and as theory studies, following the 7 Chakras through the Calendar, bringing didactic into the senses and to the personal experience of each student.
© 2017 - 2021 by Isabella Pitaki
From asanas (postures), pranayamas (respiratory exercises), kriyas (cleansing actions), mantras (sacred language songs and texts) to the study of scriptures (sacred texts) and meditations, the study will bring tools to build a balanced practice.
With the right management of ambience, time, anatomic engagement and a mindful intention, the student learn to assist and correct in a respectful way, minding anatomically physical and subtle bodies as meridians, human physiology.
Gradual cueing open the opportunity to the participation of individuals with specific needs or specific populations, preparing the student to have an important role in the collective enlightenment, also clarifying each ones Dharmas (purpose of life) and Karmas (energy heritage), when experiencing the state of being at service, or seva on our social works.
Isabella believes in teaching the all the tools to the student, to empower him to decide his own path, integrating with safety and wisdom, his own previous personal and professional experiences, and now participate into the Yoga universe.
Some of what you will learn:
* Asanas, Pranayama, Yamas and Niyamas, Meditation techniques
* Teaching Methodology
* Introduction to Ayurveda
* Introduction to Vedic Astrology
* Study of Sacred Scriptures
* Daily Asana Clinic
* Chandra Namaskar and the Moon Cycle in Yoga
* Women health and Yoga
* Bhakti Yoga and devotional singing
* Introduction to Ukulele and acoustic guitar
* Business in Yoga
* Ethics in Yoga Alliance certification
* Introduction to Sanskrit
* Deep study of chakras and subtle anatomy, Koshas, meridians
* Kleshas and psychology in Yoga
* Anatomy and physiology of human body
* Glands and chakras
TECHNIQUES, TRAINING, PRACTICE – 75 HOURS
* complete understanding of the physical and psychological aspects of the asanas
* Yoga Sutra study
* understanding the contraindications of each major disease considering each part of the anatomical physical body and how to apply the kramas (adaptation) on each case
* students will practice and guide small sequencing considering parts of the body that they focus and the contraindications of each case
Pranayama & Subtle Body
* major techniques, considering Kapalabhati, Bhastrica, Nadi Shodana, Pranashudhi, Udjay, Shitakari, Shitali, Kumbakas and Bhandas applied, when and why
* their effect of producing prana, apana, heating or refreshing the system.
* Koshas, kleshas, chakras, nadis, and prana vayus will be studied as subtle anatomy
* how to guide a meditation, understanding the steps before getting to this deep stage. Practicing Pratiahara, abstracting the senses by understanding deeply each one of the physical senses, its element associated and how to enhance its ability. Then will be trained to a deep stage of concentration, by creating and developing a focused mind. At last, the deep stage of concentration will bring the student to understand the paths to meditation.
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY – 30 HOURS (20 of which is online)
* skeletal system, muscles and its insertions, most important arteries, veins and nerves.
* cervical spine, thoracic spine, lumbar spine, sacrum and coccyx, thorax constitution, pelvic constitution, superior limbs and inferior limbs, main joints, its constitution, movements and illness associated.
* flexions, extensions and tortions
*Parassimpathetic and Sympathetic Systems
* cardiovascular system, how does the body regulates body pressure; how vascular diseases are developed and the importance of good habits to prevent them
* major glands and its functions, regarding the relation with each chakra
* digestive system, the organs and its functions
* Respiratory system
*rotation, abduction, adduction, flexion, extension, pronation, supination
* understanding the concept of practicing strength with flexibility and vice versa, knowing that strength without flexibility is rigidity, and flexibility without strength is joint vulnerability.
* kramas for each asana regarding physical limitations and contraindications.
* major muscular groups and its function on each movement.
YOGA HUMANITIES – 30 HOURS (20 of which is online)
* basic concept of Yoga, learning the roots of its creation, the branches of how yoga became divided and spread to western world.
* basic knowledge of the most important gurus, regarding the largest lineages that are in yoga history.
* scriptures such as Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutra, Shiva Sutra
* the student will be exposed to all the lineages and methodologies, being stimulated to understand what ressonates with his personal practice, creating a teaching style with identity and truth.
* Samkhya knowlegde, diving into its theory as to understand the structure of the mind and soul, as purusha, prakrti, buddhi, ahamkara, and the five elements as the material plane constitution
* understanding that by practicing Pratiahara, the abstraction of senses, he will access all the inner part of existence, discovering the depth of ones constitution. The limits of the mind as ahamkara, will be encouraged to be flexible by practicing detachment of ones identifications and limits made by wrong beliefs and society modes
* sutras will be studied from the most important texts as Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutra, Shiva Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika
* complete understanding of the Yamas and Niyamas, following as the ethical precepts to guide ones choices and actions.
* understanding the responsibility of being a yoga teacher, developing a spiritual responsibility and maturity to guide each of ones student in the future, being guided by YA policies.
* empowerment to create integration of cultures, peoples and races, inciting liberation and the awareness of the connection one has to the whole.
PROFESSIONAL ESSENTIALS – 55 HOURS
* the student will create different types of sequencing during training, becoming prepared to safely teach a whole class, depending on the place, group of action and the effect one expects
* music during practice will be studied on the building of a playlist, but also by understanding the possibility of using silence as background.
* arrangement of the altar, by using the five elements and other spiritual elements to connect with the subtle plane
Professional Development — Core Competency Description
* importance of following credentialing steps
* professionalism as posture, cleanliness and punctuality, will be asked from each student
* business class will empower the student to follow his profession, understanding social media tools and using it on the bright side of its possibilities
* conducting a practice, showing his sequencing skills, verbal conducting, adjusting, and creating the ideal environment.
* Receiving and giving feedback
* Observing others teaching taking notes
* Assisting students while someone else is teaching
*The student must provide two final works: Karma Yoga and Yogatherapy. These are two articles of 1000 words, that must be sent until one year after the training. Karma Yoga must be done on a needed community, where there is no Yoga yet. The student must register in photos or videos, at least 5 (five) sessions and then, write an essay explaining the choice of the community, the personal experience and the perception over the project. The Yogatherapy should be applied on oneself, being written with the anamnesis as shown during the course, making clear the goals of rebalance that were chosen. There must be at least 5 (five) sessions registered and sent in an article format (it will be explained during the course). For those that want the international certification, this is mandatory
*The course is offered for those that are starting yoga, so no previous experience is required at all. But we require full disposition on learning, oppeness to new points of view and the will to challenge your body and mind with the yogic discipline that will be requested during the journey!
Sample daily schedule
6:00 – 7:00 Hot water and yogic morning routine
7:00 – 9:00 Practice
9:00 – 9:30 Journal, Tea & fruit
9:30 – 11:00 Batito Satsang
11:00 – 2:00 Brunch & Break
2:00 – 4:00 Theory
4:00 – 5:00 Asana Clinic
*one full day off per week
*schedule is subject to minor change
E-500 RYT and YACEP
Isabella Pitaki is your main teacher on this training, and few are left untouched by her immersive knowledge. She has been practicing Yoga for more than 20 years and has a unique mix of competences. Believing in the universality of healing and being, she earned a degree in Western Medicine and underwent Internal Medicine Care training.
Full of questions and searching for a deeper understanding in the subtle sciences, she dove into eastern philosophies, Steiner's Anthroposophy, the basis of Chinese medicine, Pranic Healing, Astrology, Bach Remedies and concepts of Systemic Psychotherapy.
To integrate this knowledge, she concentrated on prevention and became an Ayurvedic therapist, Yoga teacher and Holistic Healer. During her first 9 years as a doctor, Isabella lived and worked in emergency rooms, common Western Medical Attendances and Intensive Care, social aid in needed parts of Brazil, and now, mostly in Detox & Purification Retreats, Medical Ayurvedic Consultations, minister 5 Elements Workshops and Yoga Teacher trainings registered in Yoga Alliance as E-500RYT and YACEP (Continued Education Provider) in Brazil, Europe, US, Bosnia and now in Tahiti. In Yoga she lives her truth, by unifying healing, art and spirituality.
Flávia Monjardim - Brasil, ES
Estudar com a Isa é abrir a cabeça para os mistérios do universo, sem se desconectar daquilo que existe de comprovado pela ciência. Ela possui um dom único de fazer coexistir o físico e o metafísico, numa abordagem que é, ao mesmo tempo, leve e profunda. Ter sido sua aluna no curso de Yoga Terapêutico foi transformador tanto na minha vida profissional, quanto, sobretudo, na minha vida pessoal.
Caitlin Cusack Larkin - EUA
From the moment I met Isa, I knew she was magical. Isa’s knowledge spans from astrology, Ayurveda, and mysticism all the way to the science of western medicine, and her approach to teaching is equally as diverse and balanced. Despite her impressive experience and knowledge, Isa is incredibly approachable and promotes equality among all. Isa’s connection to nature and spirituality is genuine and I will continue to follow and learn from Isa, no matter where she is in the world!